Directors Election 2024
Below are the timelines and legal requirements for the District’s Board of Directors elections. If you have any further questions please contact us here.
Internet Posting Language for HB 305 Election Notice Provisions
Publicación para internet de las disposiciones del aviso de elección del HB 305
District Contact Information:
- Name of Political Subdivision: Shady Hollow Municipal Utility District
- Mailing Address: c/o 13359 N. Hwy. 183, #406-1329, Austin, Texas 78750
- Phone: (737) 279-5547
- Email: email@example.com
Date of Next Election for Officers of the Political Subdivision:
- Elections for directors of the District are conducted on the May uniform election date in even-numbered years. Accordingly, the next election for members of the Board of Directors of the District shall be conducted on the first Saturday in May 2022, which is May 4, 2024.
Location of Next Election:
- The election shall be conducted at the polling places established by Travis County to serve the county’s regular election precincts within the District, as required by Sections 42.0621 and 43.004 of the Texas Election Code. Similar to its most recent prior election, the District anticipates that Travis County will authorize voters to vote at any of the voting locations established by Travis County, and voters will not be limited to voting in the precinct where they are registered to vote.
- The deadline for filing the application for a place on the ballot is 78 days prior to the election. For the May 4, 2024 director election, the deadline for filing the application for a place on the ballot will be Friday, February 16, 2024. The deadline for write-in candidates is 74 days before the election. For the May 4, 2024 director election, the
deadline for write-in candidates is Tuesday, February 20, 2024.
General Eligibility Requirements for a Candidate:
- In order to be qualified to serve as a director of a municipal utility district, Section 54.102 of the Texas Water Code requires that a person be (1) be a resident of the state; (2) own land subject to taxation in the District or be a qualified voter in the District; and (3) be at least 18 years of age.
Requirements for Filing for Candidacy for Each Elected Office of Political Subdivision:
- A person that desires to be a candidate for the director election must timely complete and submit an application for a place on the ballot for the election. Applications for a place on the ballot may be obtained from the District’s Agent for the Election, McGinnis Lochridge, which offices are located at 600 Congress Ave., Ste. 2100, Austin, TX 78701 or may be downloaded and printed out from the Secretary of State’s website (https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/index.shtml).
- Completed applications for a place on the ballot may be filed in person or by mail to the District at the following address: c/o 13359 N. Hwy. 183, #406-1329, Austin, Texas 78750 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org