Shady Hollow Municipal Utility District (the “District”), is a political subdivision of the State of Texas, as authorized by Article XVI, Section 59 of the Texas Constitution. The District was originally created as Southwest Travis County Municipal Utility District No. 1 by Order of the Texas Water Commission, a predecessor agency of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (“TCEQ”), on December 15, 1980. The District was confirmed at an election on January 17, 1981. On October 20, 1995, the TCEQ approved the change of the name of the District to Shady Hollow Municipal Utility District. The District, which encompasses approximately 451 acres of land, is located in southwest Travis County. The District is approximately ten miles southwest of downtown Austin and is located on both sides of Brodie Lane near its southern end and the intersection with Farm to Market Road 1626. The District lies within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Austin, Texas, and wholly within the boundaries of the Austin Independent School District.
(Click Here For PDF Version)
The District is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of five (5) Board members elected by the registered voters of the District, who manage and supervise all affairs of the District. Board members must either own property within the District or be a registered voter within the District. Each Board member is elected to serve a staggered four (4) year term. The District’s current Board members are as follows: